Easy peasy Swedish meatballs made in your pressure cooker! The meatballs are so tender and the gravy is so rich and creamy! I just love love love a good Swedish meatball. Well, come to think of it, I like the bad ones too. I mean, hello, they’re meatballs smothered in a creamy meatball gravy.
And it’s also made in the Instant Pot so there’s another win for you there. Not to mention, the meatballs are made with a combination of beef and pork, and they come out amazingly tender.
They just fall apart in your mouth. The gravy is also just perfect – so rich, so creamy, and well, not enough to drink from a bowl. But hey, we can’t get them all, can we?
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, Panko, milk, egg yolks, shallot, garlic, thyme, allspice and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined. Roll the mixture into 3/4-to-1-inch meatballs, forming about 30-32 meatballs.
- Set a 6-qt Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Heat canola oil; working in two batches, add meatballs and cook until all sides are browned, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Stir in beef stock, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 8 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Set meatballs aside. Select high sauté setting; simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in sour cream; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with meatballs, garnished with dill and parsley, if desired.